Background

Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Favorite Church Meeting

I love General Conference. It comes around twice a year and we are taught countless truths. This conference has been no different for me. I love the wisdom of the leaders that speak to us. They have a perspective that I don't have. They have raised children, worked in the world, served countless callings, and seen many changes that have brought us to where we are currently in the world. They give us counsel so that we can learn from their experience and know that when we do make mistakes we can always repent.

via
Our world is very confusing when we are left on our own to figure it out. Our Father in heaven knows that and has given us guidance throughout time. We have the scriptures to show us how He has helped and prepared his children. He gave them prophets and leaders to help teach them proper principles. Today we have prophets and leaders and they teach the same principles in a way that fits in with the world that we live in. I know that I would be lost if it wasn't for doing my best to follow the teachings of all of the leaders I have had throughout my lifetime. I hope that as I continue, that I will be able to help those that I have been called to serve. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves each and every single one of us. He gives us commandments to protect us and guide us back to him. This is a path that yields eternal happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...