Background

Saturday, January 12, 2013

It's Seriously 2013!?

I feel like I've really fallen behind the times! Christmas and New Year's have already come and gone and I feel like I'm still stuck somewhere in September. Well, needless to say I have some catching up to do with all that we did last month, but I will save that for later!

We've already been very busy this month and it's only the 12th!
The reason we've been so terribly busy is because Jonathan and I are moving. This last summer my sister and her little family we're living with my parents and after she moved out my parents offered to let us move in to help us save some money. Jonathan and I discussed it and we felt that it would be better to move in January rather than in the middle of a semester. So, that's what we've been doing. This week was our painting week. My mom has been dying to paint the orange room and the pink room for a few years now and this was her chance of it finally happening!


No more orange walls and ceiling! I was very adamant that we needed to prime the orange room because I knew it would drive me crazy if I saw even a little bit under the new color.


The residual paint after priming the ceiling. (Can I just say that I HATE painting ceilings!)


At least I had a hot painting partner!

It's unreal to think that we are actually moving. We have been in our apartment for almost 2 years and it is our home. We slowly started telling people that we were moving and somehow random people at church were coming up to me and asking about our move. It's going to be hard to leave our wonderful ward. I've loved being there. A couple of weeks ago at church, a group of girls came up to me and started talking about girl's camp. I had to tell them that I was moving and wouldn't be going and they shunned me for the rest of the day. (Luckily, a couple of them have forgiven me!) I feel like we've been so blessed to be part of such a wonderful ward. I can't wait to be part of the ward I grew up in again, but I will always remember how wonderful our first ward as a married couple has been.

We still have a lot more to do before the month is over! I'll try to share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...