Background

Friday, October 28, 2016

McMillan Family Reunion

On the first Sunday in August, Jonathan and I were able to go to the McMillan family reunion in Rexburg. We went to Sacrament Meeting with Chris's family before going up to the reunion. Ruby stood with her head on Jonathan's leg for about five minutes. She is the sweetest little girl!


Our next stop was the Burton Cemetery to find where more of my Machen relatives are buried. The first Machen's I found were ones that I knew. My great-great grandparents! I feel so blessed to know more about them than just their names.


Then we finally made it up to the reunion. It was great to meet more of my Machen and McMillan cousins. I love this picture of 11 of the 16 McMillan children. My great-grandma is Evalyn, their youngest child. I am grateful to be part of such a wonderful family.


Before we went back to Utah, Jonathan made paper airplanes with the kids. They made it clear that we were had been gone long enough.


I hope that we can go to the reunion again next year.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I also am a great granddaughter of Evelyn McMillan Machen. I'm looking for information about the annual reunions that the Machen and McMillan families have. I live in Auburn WA. My grandfather is Thomas Millan Machen. -Carroll Miskin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I just saw your comment now. The McMillan family reunion is usually on the first Sunday afternoon in August and usually at Porter Park in Rexburg. If you send me a message I can give you the contact information for our cousin Dick Stowers since he lives in Idaho and has more information. On the sidebar on the top of this page I have the links to my Facebook page as well as my email address so you can use whatever is most convenient for you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...