Background

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Our Longest Tradition

This is our 7th married Christmas and I thought about how we don't have the most traditional taste when it comes to our decorations. I realized that our longest tradition is having non-traditional decorations!

2011


We were so excited for our first Christmas on our own that we did get a traditional Christmas tree and Ryan and Tyler helped decorate it.


2012


I wanted to try something very different. A 3-D cardboard Christmas tree. It was a bit of a pain assembling it, but it's still one of my favorite trees we've had over the years!

2013


We were living with my parents this Christmas and I was in no mood to decorate. I lost baby E a few months before and was still figuring out life without our sweet angel baby.

2014


I loved our paper tree! I still have the paper garland and paper ornaments from that tree.


2015



I reused some of the paper tree to decorate our mantle. The pixel fire kept us toasty that winter!


2016


I didn't get a good picture of our little sparkly blue tree, but I still have it.

2017



Thanks to all the big cardboard boxes from Ikea, we were able to make a colorful forest of Christmas trees! Some days I leave the lights on all day and when Jonathan comes home from work, they are the only light on. Jonathan made my Christmas tree dreams come true once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...