Background

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Family Filled Week!

When it rains, it pours! We had so much family coming through all around the same time. First was my grandpa and Uncle Wess. Uncle Ed got my grandpa to tell some stories about his parents and some of his own childhood.

My personal favorite from the night was when he described his dad and shared that he never really got mad. The few times when he would though, he would say "Thunderation!" I'm going to teach that word to my nephew Tyler because he loves big words and I have a feeling that he will like this one a lot!

It was weirdly cold and so Ashley and I were wearing coats to stay warm!
On the next day, Hannah and Jonathan's mom came into town. Hannah's going to be teaching in Roosevelt and so she moved all of her things from Vegas. We're so excited that she will be a quick 2 hours away instead of 5 1/2 hours!


To celebrate their being in town, we had Taylor, Kenzie, and Mercedes come up and spent the evening with all of us.

I missed out on the picture because I was at work... Lame!
The next day, my parents drove into town! I was seriously so excited! I haven't seen them in over 5 months. My dad ran around town trading books and was able to get all of the books that he was hoping to get on this trip. My mom and I got some shopping in.

My mom got this gorgeous chair and I'm debating whether or not I'll let her take it back to California.


On their last full day with us, I took them down to the Manti temple. (Poor Jonathan was stuck at school!) It is such a beautiful and amazing building! We were able to see one of the spiral staircases. The incredible craftsmanship of the pioneers is just stunning.

This is the original entrance of the temple.

My adorable parents.
That same night we went out to dinner with my uncle Ed and aunt Terry. Jonathan could barely handle the similarities between my dad and uncle. It is very obvious that they are brothers from the way that they talk to how they sit.

These brothers are nothing alike...
The following morning they flew out to Tennessee and spent about a week in Kentucky. Tomorrow I'm going to pick them up from the airport and we're going to head up to Idaho for about another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...